Monday, October 22, 2007

Anthony Hopkins Is A Wolf-Man's Daddy

If the Wolf-Man remake, with Benicio Del Toro wasn’t looking awesome enough, it just got cooler. Del Toro’s Lawrence Talbot just got his daddy, and the father is: Anthony Hopkins. Although the news has been spun around the rumor-mill for several months now, MTV Movie Blog received confirmation that Hopkins is indeed attached.
Hopkins will play Sir John Talbot, the distinguished father to Larry Talbot (Del Toro) who is bitten by a werewolf and infected. In the original story the father was a pretty important part of the storyline, attempting to help his afflicted son overcome the werewolf curse. I can only imagine the new movie will rival the original in importance.
I don’t know why, but this casting just feels absolutely perfect for a new Wolf-Man movie. Although I’ve been on a “no-remake” kick today, I have to admit I’m pretty excited about this one. Hopefully the talent behind the movie will keep me from regretting that excitement.

No comments: